Based on a recent HSBC report, Australia is the third most preferred country among parents who contemplate sending their children for higher education abroad. This year alone has seen a 11% rise in the number of international students coming ‘down under’ as compared to last year, with the total number rising to almost half a million. Moreover, Sydney is becoming one of the most popular study destinations in the country. However, getting into a top-ranked university is often the first hurdle students need to overcome. While applying for courses in top universities, many students use their previous experience within their area of interest to strengthen their applications for preferred courses. However, a lot of students do not have an edge to score more points to gain admission.
This is where a pathway institute enables the students with an initial diploma to propel them to the course of their choice, in their preferred university.
The state of the art UTS Library, Photo Credit: Anna Zhu
Through this blog, I will try to give you information about one of the leading universities from down under and talk about their pathway program.
Have you heard about the University of Technology Sydney (UTS)? It’s the #1 young university in Australia, and #8 young university in the world, according to the QS World University Rankings Top 50 Under 50. Offering a distinct model of learning and strong research performance, UTS has established itself as a perfect university for education that goes beyond textbook studies.
UTS:INSEARCH is the premium pathway provider to UTS, with an international network of authorized education representatives who provide assistance to students wishing to apply for various courses in the university.
UTS:INSEARCH offers various diploma courses in the form of academic English programs, UTS Foundation Studies (on behalf of UTS) and a broad choice of several higher education diplomas, thus enabling students to eventually study their course at UTS.
UTS Student Ambassadors: A view from within
The UTS Insiders are 12 students who share the stories on Instagram their journey at UTS and their life as a student in Sydney. Aspiring international students can get to know such interesting bits and useful information about the trending courses in UTS, by following these student ambassadors and can also ask questions and chat with them on Instagram. For example, Krupali is one of the UTS Insider from India studying Design (Visual Communication), whose goal is to be become a social innovator.
UTS: Insiders have many roles to play: They share their day-to-day experiences and student journey on social media, interact with current and aspiring students, represent student interests to the faculty and vice-versa, and moreover, provide aspirants to have hands-on experience of what it’s like to study there.
Student life at UTS
Once a student is enrolled with UTS:INSEARCH, he/she can be rest assured to be well prepared to enter and succeed at UTS, with the help of talented teachers, ongoing academic support, small class sizes and access to world class UTS facilities.
I have listed five good reasons why a student aspiring to study at UTS should choose to begin their journey at UTS:INSEARCH:
- A strong course connection with UTS: The variety of diploma programs at UTS:INSEARCH is designed specifically in consultation with the UTS faculties and hence enables the students to grasp the way of teaching at the university.
- State-of-the-art education facilities: The UTS:INSEARCH campus is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including a world-class library and 24 hour access to computer laboratories. Further, the students undergoing diplomas also enjoy access to UTS facilities.
- A supportive learning environment and caring culture: Students can learn in small batches with a highly supportive learning culture which provides individual attention to each student. Students avail the benefit of a highly supportive learning culture that includes access to ‘Academic Advisers’, weekly learning assistance sessions and periodic study skills workshops.
- You can fast track into second year of a UTS bachelor degree: Perhaps the biggest advantage of choosing the UTS:INSEARCH pathway is that their diplomas make the students eligible for a UTS bachelor degree. Depending upon the course that a student chooses to pursue at the university, these diplomas can fast track the student to the second year of UTS.
- A high success rate for entry into UTS degree: UTS:INSEARCH has a high success rate, of over 90%, of the diploma graduates accepted entry in the second year of a UTS degree.
Considering the above reasons, UTS:INSEARCH is the best pathway available for every international student to get admission to one of the world’s leading universities.
Enrolling into the diploma courses at UTS:INSEARCH will enable students to improve their English and to prepare for university study in Australia.
UTS Science Students in the Laboratory, Photo Credit: Anna Zhu
If you are planning to go to a new country for further education, then I absolutely recommend you to check out UTS:INSEARCH for an exciting student journey.