The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has now enabled the provision for generating Unique Document Identification Number (UDIN) in bulk for Certificates in UDIN Portal.
“Using this facility now the members of ICAI will be able to generate UDIN in bulk (uptill 300 UDINs) for various types of Certificates in one go. It can be done through uploading of excel file.”, ICAI made this announcement on 17th June, 2020.
It may be noted that the ICAI had made it mandatory for Chartered Accountants to register all certificates issued by them with the UDIN portal, which can be verified by users and stakeholders.
This step was to curb the practice of financial documents and certificates being attested by people who were posing as CA and were misleading the authorities and stakeholders.
The step wise procedure for the generation of UDIN in bulk is as follows:
- After login, from the Menu bar, click on Bulk UDIN for Certificates. Minimum 3 certificates and Maximum 300 certificates can be generated using this procedure.
- Download template file from Download Template button and open in Excel. Please note that the .xlsx file can be opened in Excel 2007 and later versions.
- Select Certificate type from drop down.
- Input dates in the format as per your system/computer (either it should be entered in mm/dd/yyyy or in dd(space)month(space)yyyy format). Excel will format dates automatically in required format i.e dd-mm-yyyy. Do not use copy paste in this cell.
- Fill in all the parameters and values.
- Save the file.
- Click on the upload file on the Certificate Form on UDIN Portal.
- Select the file just saved now.
- Portal will populate the data in the Form. Verify the data so populated.
- If correct, Send and Verify OTP and Submit.
- Alternatively, the option of filling the details of Type of Certificates, Dates and key fields etc. is available on the form itself.